The Story behind the affirmation: From The Master Key System written by Charles Haanel (Part 9 section 18-25)
- It is sometimes an inspiration to hear from someone who has actually put these principles to the test, someone who has demonstrated them in their own life. A letter from Frederick Andrews offers the following insight:
- “I was about thirteen years old when Dr. T. W. Marsee, since passed over, said to my mother: “There is no possible chance, Mrs. Andrews. I lost my little boy the same way, after doing everything for him that it was possible to do. I have made a special study of these cases, and I know there is no possible chance for him to get well.”
- She turned to him and said: “Doctor, what would you do if he were your boy?” and he answered, “I would fight, fight, as long as there is a breath of life to fight for.”
- That was the beginning of a long drawn-out battle, with many ups and downs, the doctors all agreeing that there was no chance for a cure, though they encouraged and cheered us the best they could.
- But at last the victory came, and I have grown from a little, crooked, twisted, cripple, going about on my hands and knees, to a strong, straight, well formed man.
- Now, I know you want the formula, and I will give it to you as briefly and quickly as I can.
- I built up an affirmation for myself, taking the qualities I most needed, and affirming for myself over and over again, “I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy.” I kept up this affirmation, always the same, never varying, till I could wake up in the night and find myself repeating, “I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious and happy.” It was the last thing on my lips at night and the first thing in the morning.
- Not only did I affirm it for myself, but for others that I knew needed it. I
want to emphasize this point. Whatever you desire for yourself, affirm it for others, and it will help you both. We reap what we sow. If we send out thoughts of love and health, they return to us like bread cast upon the waters; but if we send out thoughts of fear, worry, jealousy, anger, hate, etc., we will reap the results in our own lives.”
FREE PDF of The Master Key System written by Charles Haanel
YOU ARE: As this is affirmed for each reader/viewer
WHOLE: As in the wholeness of mind, body, and spirit
PERFECT: As the connection in mind, body, and spirit is in perfect order
STRONG: As the connection is with Omnipotence
POWERFUL: As once consciously aware of this connection, power is within your control to direct it.
LOVING: As in harmony with natural laws unconditional love for the greatest good to the greatest number
HARMONIOUS: As in the flow of function towards desired outcomes feels right and in place.
HAPPY: As all is well and life has meaning with joy and self-reliance.